Working in Digital Media Week 10
Hey hey hey!!
This weeks guest speaker is Maria Brown. Maria is a Careers Development Manager and is talking to us about interview skills in light of the interviews assignment that we have.
A few key points:
Grammar is very important on a C.V.
Achievements are also essential. You need to show what you have achieved.
NEVER PAINT A NEGATIVE PICTURE
Have examples of everything.
- Research the company – websites, word-of-mouth etc
- Look for job descriptions(Position) and specifications(Person)
- Work out a strategy
- Know everything that is on your C.V.
At the Interview
Questions that may be asked:
- Tell me about yourself? – Talk about college, hobbies or interets
- What do you know about the company? – Research
- Tell us about your work experience to date.
- Can you tell us your strong points? – Driven etc…give 200%
- Weak points? – Yes man, leading to too much work
- Tell us about your third level studies?
- What type of people do you find difficult to work with? – turn the answer round to be positive.
- Why do you want to work for this company?
- Where do you hope to be in 5 years?
- Can you tell us about any difficult situations that you have encountered?
- Can you give an example of when you have worked under pressure? – College
- Why should we hire you?
- What is the achievement that you possess that you are most proud of?
Don’t ask questions about the salary and how much time off that you will get.
Ask the interviewer/interviewers some questions.
Welcome one and all to Kevin’s Korner! I found this week’s lecture very helpful. The main reason is that we have our interviews coming up, which are worth a hefty 15%!!WOWZERS!!! I took a lot of what was said in and hopefully applied this in the interview itself.
‘Till the next time…